- Lifespan: 1343-1400
- Date of Birth: He was born in London in 1343 ( his exact date of birth is unknown)
- Family connections : He was the son of a vintner
- Married: Geoffrey Chaucer married Philippa de Roet at St Mary de Castro in Leicester. She was a lady-in-waiting to Edward III's queen,
Philippa of Hainault
- The sister of Geoffrey's wife was Katherine de Roet who became Katherine Swynford
- Katherine Swynford was the mistress of
John of Gaunt the powerful brother of
King Edward III
- John of Gaunt and Katherine Swynford eventually married and were the descendents of the Tudor dynasty
- Education: Geoffrey Chaucer was well educated and studied law at the Inner Temple in London
- Career: Geoffrey Chaucer was an author, poet, philosopher, courtier, and diplomat.
- Date of Death: Geoffrey Chaucer died in 1400 ( his exact date of death is unknown)
- Character of Geoffrey Chaucer: Intelligent, loyal and hard working
- Accomplishments or why Geoffrey Chaucer was famous: as the author of Canterbury Tales. Geoffrey Chaucer also wrote 'The Book of the Duchess' which was an elegy for Blanche of Lancaster who was the first wife of John of Gaunt.